Office Update Due to COVID-19:
Appointments RecommendedWe are open for operation Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–4:30 PM. Before coming to the Community Services Office, please contact our office at (515)-663-2930 to schedule an appointment for General Assistance or Mental Health and Disability Services (MHDS).
Application forms for General Assistance and MHDS are available online at the following links:
Mental Health & Disability Services
For up-to-date information regarding food pantries and other community resources available during the current COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the United Way’s website at the following link:
United Way of Story County – COVID-19 Community Resources
For information regarding free counseling services available to any Iowan who has been affected, in any way, by the COVID-19 public health emergency, please visit the COVID Recovery Iowa website.
Responsibilities & Services
To assist Story County citizens with accessing resources and services, allowing them the opportunity to improve their quality of life.
Any Story County resident in need of assistance may apply for services. Each program has its own distinct set of criteria for eligibility. Through our office, you can find assistance with:
- CICS (Central Iowa Community Services) provides processing for determining eligibility for funding of mental health and disability services
- Emergency rent and utilities (General Assistance)
- Information and referrals for mental health services
For more information, please call the Community Services office at (515) 663-2930 or email at email@example.com .
View information about the Statewide Crisis Line.
- Can you help me find an apartment?
- Can you assist with gasoline or bus tickets?
- Do you have a Furniture Bank?
- Do you pay deposits?
- How can I get rent or utility help?
- Do you assist with grocery vouchers?
- How do I get help to receive and/or pay for mental health and disability services (including intellectual/developmental disabilities and brain injuries)?
- How do I get a Case Manager?
- How do I request former client records for Story County Community Life Program?