How can I get rent or utility help?

Centralized Intake:   Community Service in conjunction with Good Neighbor Emergency Assistance, The Salvation Army, and The Bridge Home is providing a Centralized Intake process for rent and utility assistance for Story County Residents.  Applications for rent and utility assistance can be made at Story County Community Services, one  application, on location for assistance from multiple agencies.  Service Coordination is also available to assist interested applicants in connecting to other resources, services, and supports.

Please contact our office at (515)-663-2930 or by email at to schedule an appointment. 

Show All Answers

1. Can you help me find an apartment?
2. Can you assist with gasoline or bus tickets?
3. Do you have a Furniture Bank?
4. How can I get rent or utility help?
5. Do you pay deposits?
6. Do you assist with grocery vouchers?
7. How do I get help to receive and/or pay for mental health and disability services (including intellectual/developmental disabilities and brain injuries)?
8. How do I get a Case Manager?
9. How do I request former client records for Story County Community Life Program?