The Duties & Responsibilities of the County Conference Board
The Story County Conference Board serves as the governing board for the office of the county assessor. The conference board has the responsibility of appointing members of the examining board, members of the board of review, and the assessor.
The conference board is charged with:
- establishing and adopting an annual budget for the assessor
- approving the position of deputy assessor and the number of deputy assessors
- reappointing the assessor and employ appraisers and other technical help.
Conference Board Membership
The county conference board consists of:
- the mayors of all incorporated cities whose property is assessed by the county assessor
- one representative from the board of directors of each high school district who is a resident of the county,
- members of the county board of supervisors.
Each unit has one vote and two of the three units have to agree in order to pass a vote on any related matter. The chairperson of the county board of supervisors shall act as the chairperson of the county conference board and the county assessor as clerk.
Current Conference Board Members
Follow us on