How can I get rent or utility help?

Centralized Intake:   Story County General Assistance in conjunction with Good Neighbor Emergency Assistance and The Salvation Army is providing a Centralized Intake process for rent and utility assistance for Story County Residents.  Applications for rent and utility assistance can be made at Story County General Assistance, one  application, one location for assistance from multiple agencies.  Service Coordination is also available to assist interested applicants in connecting to other resources, services, and supports.

Please contact our office at (515)-663-2930 to schedule an appointment. 

Show All Answers

1. Can you help me find an apartment?
2. Can you assist with gasoline or bus tickets?
3. Do you pay deposits?
4. How can I get rent or utility help?
5. Do you assist with grocery vouchers?
6. How do I get help to receive and/or pay for mental health and disability services (including intellectual/developmental disabilities and brain injuries)?
7. How do I get a Case Manager?