I am in the military and/or living overseas. How can I vote absentee?

The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) makes it easier for military personnel and overseas citizens to participate in elections. The voter completes a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form to receive ballots. The FPCA serves as both a voter registration application and an absentee ballot request application. The voter will be mailed absentee ballots for all federal elections during a calendar year, unless the voter states s/he wants ballots for a specified time frame or only for a particular election. If the voter's address changes during the calendar year, the voter needs to complete and submit a new FPCA form. UOCAVA ballots must be ready 45 days before federal elections.

Federal Post Card Application (FPCA)

Show All Answers

1. How do I request an absentee ballot?
2. Who may vote an absentee ballot?
3. When can I apply for an absentee ballot?
4. When are ballots sent out?
5. Can I sign up to automatically get an absentee ballot for every election?
6. I am in the military and/or living overseas. How can I vote absentee?
7. I am a college/graduate student. Where should I get my absentee ballot?
8. I have moved. Can I request a ballot? Which address should I use?
9. Can I request a ballot by email or fax?
10. Can I request an absentee ballot for someone else?
11. Can I pick up an absentee ballot for someone else?
12. What if I have power of Attorney (POA)?
13. Can I take a ballot home with me?
14. If I lose my absentee ballot, can I get another one?
15. How do I return my absentee ballot?
16. Can I return my ballot by email or fax?
17. Does the ballot have to be returned by mail?
18. Can I give my voted absentee ballot to someone else to return for me?
19. When must I return the voted ballot?
20. If I request an absentee ballot, can I change my mind and still vote at my regular polling place?
21. How are absentee ballots counted?