January is National Radon Action Month
Protect your family. Test home for radon.
Radon-what is it?
• Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that cannot be seen or smelled.
• Radon can be found in the soil and rocks beneath homes, in well water, and in some building materials.
• Radon can seep into homes from the soil by entering through cracks in home/building foundations, floors, and walls.
Why Test for Radon?
• Breathing radon in your home can cause lung cancer.
• Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the country-the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. Radon Test Kits are an easy, inexpensive way to test for radon in your home.
Story County Environmental Health Department
Email: email@example.com Phone: 515-382-7240
Through February 12th, up to 50 kits will be available FREE (limit one per household).
Further information on radon can be found on the following websites: