Transportation Service To UIHC In Iowa City
Public Transportation Service operating between Ames and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) in Iowa City available to all Story County residents.
Each Tuesday and Wednesday, a bus will promptly leave the south side of Ames City Hall at 7:00 AM, arriving in Iowa City for appointments scheduled at the Dental Clinic by 9:00 AM and UIHC by 9:30 AM.
Reservations Are Required
- $10.00 round trip fare per person (one attendant may ride free).
- Bus leaves UIHC in Iowa City to return to Ames no later than 3:00 PM. Boarding will occur between 2:45 - 3:00 PM. Please be prompt.
- Schedule your appointments at the Dental Clinic for 9:00 AM and at UIHC between 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Trips must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Call Heartland at 515-233-2906.
This transit service is financed and coordinated through the following organizations:
- Iowa Department of Transportation
- United Way of Story County
- Story County
- City of Ames
- Story County Community Foundation
- Heartland Transportation Services