The “primitive” campground at Dakins won’t be all that primitive come spring! Staff are working on removing a few trees to make way for improvements to the original campground. You can expect the following for next year’s camping season:
- Larger, angled “L-shape” sites that can better accommodate modern campers
- New electrical pedestals
- Shared water hydrants between sites
- Campground road widened and extended to create a one-way loop
- Addition of two tent sites with designated parking spots
- All sites will be reservable
Stay tuned for project updates and start daydreaming about the new sites.