Resources and Online Services

Online services and resources are continually being added to this site. Please check back for more information or click on the office/department to visit that webpage.

Online County Services

Animal Control and Shelter
AssessorCredits and Exemption Forms
Fines Recovery

Property Records
Transfer books and other scanned records
Mailing address change for property/tax records
Tax Levies
Budget Information
Financial Audits
Board Minutes
Fireworks Display Application
Iowa Retail Permit Application for Cigarettes/Tobacco/Nicotine/Vapor

Board of Supervisors
Community ServicesGeneral Assistance Application Form
Application for MH/DD Services (available for print only)
Emergency Management

Engineer and Secondary Roads

Adopt-A-Highway Application (PDF)
Driveway / Field Entrance Permit (PDF)|
Dust Control Permit (PDF)
Route Approval (PDF)
Trip Permit - Annual Oversize (PDF)
Trip Permit - Annual Oversize Overweight (PDF)
Trip Permit - Round Trip (PDF)
Trip Permit - Single (PDF)
Use of Right of Way Permit (PDF)
Utility Permit (PDF)

Environmental Health

Well permit application
Well plugging form
Well rehab form
Well plugging/rehab claim form
Septic permit application
Payment Options

Facilities Management
Human Resources
Information Technology
Planning and DevelopmentDevelopment Review Processes
Permit Applications and Forms
Recorder’s Office

For real estate recordings:
Certified copies of birth, death, marriage: or call (866) 809-0290
Hunting/Fishing Licenses:
Applications and Forms
Sheriff’s Office
Veterans AffairsForms and Applications

Community Resources and Assistance

United Way of Story County: 

Local Medical Resources 

Residents are encouraged to rely on medical information provided by experts at Mary Greeley Medical Center, Iowa Department of Public Health, ISU’s Thielen Health Center, local physician groups, and other state and federal health organizations:

Iowa Department of Public Health:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

ISU’s Thielen Student Health Center:

Mary Greeley Medical Center:

McFarland Clinic:

Assistance Available in Ames and other Story County Communities