View all facilities
Peterson Park East
- Designated Public Hunting Area
- Free Parking
- Pets Allowed
- Picnic Tables
- Pond and River Fishing
Peterson Park is a 200-acre park (approximately 31 acres of water) along the Skunk River Greenbelt. There are park entrances on both the east and west sides of the Skunk River.
- Fishing is available at East and West Peterson Park and along the Skunk River. The ponds contain a variety of fish including largemouth bass, bluegill, and catfish. There is a length limit of 15 inches for bass caught on Story County lakes. All other state fishing rules apply.
- McMichael Pioneer Cemetery and segments of the Stagecoach Trail
- Hunting is permitted only with shotgun and bow. Nontoxic ammunition required. Please remember to get permission when hunting within 200 yards of any occupied building, even when hunting public land.
- Pets must be kept on leashes from March 15 to July 15 to protect nesting birds. Hunting dogs must be kept under control in designated hunting area.