View all facilities
Peterson Park East
|Other Link||More information about Peterson|
- Designated Public Hunting Area
- Pets Allowed
- Picnic Tables
- Pond and River Fishing
Peterson Park is a 200-acre park (approximately 31 acres of water) along the Skunk River Greenbelt. There are park entrances on both the east and west sides of the Skunk River.
- Fishing is available at East and West Peterson Park and along the Skunk River. The ponds contain a variety of fish including largemouth bass, bluegill, and catfish. There is a length limit of 15 inches for bass caught on Story County lakes. All other state fishing rules apply.
- McMichael Pioneer Cemetery and segments of the Stagecoach Trail
- Hunting is permitted only with shotgun and bow. Nontoxic ammunition is required. Please remember to get permission when hunting within 200 yards of any occupied building, even when hunting public land.
- Pets must be kept on leashes from March 15 to July 15 to protect nesting birds. Hunting dogs must be kept under control in designated hunting area.