At any time we feel like that the situations are changing, this list may be modified or added to. Please watch for updates.
- Suspend all indoor visits, unless we have someone who has made an appointment on a concerned or serious issue.
- Adoption by appointment only after an approved application, which we can email applications to potential adopters.
- Suspend Volunteers until further notice. ALL volunteers.
- Strays will be picked up, and we are working on how we plan to make sure the employees do not have exposure with the people who found them. No more going into homes, etc., or having the person greet us. Depending on the animal, this could be handled a variety of ways, please call us.
- Ownership releases case by case. We will continue to take them if they are from the rural area or contract towns. We will assist the Ames Shelter if we possibly can with this, according to our space.
- Some services will be limited- we will establish guidelines today in a discussion with employees. Please call our office if you have a question.
- No in-house donations. We will ask that people donate money by mail if they choose or use our Amazon wish list. We will be putting a sign on our entry door for people who come that are not aware of our closing, with our shelter phone number and asking clients to please call us from outside the door, and we will answer questions that way. 515-382-3338
- We will continue to do bite reports and Rabies quarantines per State of Iowa regulations.
- We ask at this time, including our contract cities and rural areas that no large colonies of cats are trapped until this is under control. Please limit trapping cats at all, unless they are sick/injured or need immediate care. If you are willing to feed outside cats, we will provide you with food if needed.
Thank-You for your cooperation on this. We do want the best possible care available for our strayed/neglected and needy animals out there.
Let us know what your needs may be.