View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
May 7, 2017, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM @ McFarland Park
Enjoy an afternoon in the park canoeing and fishing, gazing at the sun and wildflowers, learning about pollinators and native plants, and participating in crowd-sourced poetry! The day will include:
- Live music by the Britches & Hose Ukulele Club
- Unveiling of the new Discovery Nature Playscape
- Native plant sale by ISU’s EEOB Department
- Solar viewing provided by the Ames Area Amateur Astronomers
- Canoeing lead by the Skunk River Paddlers
- Fishing poles and bait available from Story County Conservation
- Booths by Iowa Bird of Mouth, Plant.Grow.Fly., Iowa Native Plant Society, and Master Gardeners
- The annual photo contest entries will be on display inside the conservation center. Awards will be presented during band intermission.