The lake restoration is in full swing. We again ask that you respect the construction process and only use the portions of the park that are open to the public: Breezy Bay and Primitive Camping open May 23rd at 5:30 am and Snow Bunting Lodge is available for rental that day as well. The archery range is also open.
All areas outside of the above locations are CLOSED
to the public. This includes the interior park road, lake access, boat ramps, beach area, and shore fishing.
Active Construction Items
• Earthwork and shaping continue south of the campground. The island and jetties are shaped and will be stabilized. Earthwork continues in preparation for installation of the bridge out to the island. Earthwork for expanded and improved boat ramp access and parking is also taking place.
• Rip rap rock has been removed from campground shoreline and stored in south parking lots for reuse in shoreline stabilization.
• Culvert under 680th Ave has been located and opened to drain the east side of lake. Sediment removal will begin this week with 53,597 yards of material being removed from the east side alone. The east side of the lake is important as it acts as a filter before water enters the main lake.
• The dam will be notched in phases and a pipe will begin to be installed this week for additional lake dewatering. This will lower the lake by an additional 20 feet. The cost of trenching a pipe compared to pumping was similar in price allowing the opportunity to invest in a permanent structure to have the management capabilities to draw lake down in the future if needed.
• Tree removal has occurred on site for trail, boat ramp expansion, and equipment access lanes. Tree removal was performed before April 1st to comply with federally recommended guidelines of no tree removal between April 1-October 1 to help protect habitat for Threatened and Endangered Species such as the Indiana Bat and Northern Long-eared Bat.
View the master plan here