Office Update Due to COVID-19:Story County offices are closed to the public due to COVID-19 precautionary measures. While the Community Services office is closed to the public, we are open for operation Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–4:30 PM. If you need immediate assistance with General Assistance or Mental Health and Disability Services (MHDS) needs, please contact our office at 515-663-2930 or by email at: email@example.com
Application forms for General Assistance and MHDS are available online at the following links:
Mental Health & Disability Services
For up-to-date information regarding food pantries and other community resources available during the current COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the United Way’s website at the following link:
United Way of Story County – COVID-19 Community Resources
Responsibilities & Services
To assist Story County citizens with accessing resources and services, allowing them the opportunity to improve their quality of life.
Any Story County resident in need of assistance may apply for services. Each program has its own distinct set of criteria for eligibility. Through our office, you can find assistance with:
- CICS (Central Iowa Community Services) provides processing for determining eligibility for funding of mental health and disability services
- Emergency rent and utilities (General Assistance)
- Information and referrals for mental health services
For more information, please call the Community Services office at (515) 663-2930.
View information about the Statewide Crisis Line.
- Can you help me find an apartment?
- Can you assist with gasoline or bus tickets?
- Do you have a Furniture Bank?
- How can I get rent or utility help?
- Do you pay deposits?
- Do you assist with grocery vouchers?
- How do I get help to receive and/or pay for mental health and disability services (including intellectual/developmental disabilities and brain injuries)?
- How do I get a Case Manager?
- How do I request former client records for Story County Community Life Program?