Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment has the following powers:
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged that there is an error of law in any requirement, decision, or determination made by the Planning and Development Department Director in the enforcement of the Story County Land Development Regulations.
- To hear and decide upon applications for variances to the area, height, setback, parking, or density requirements of the Story County Land Development Regulations. Appeals for the variances must meet all Legal Principles in order for the Board of Adjustment to grant a variance.
- To hear and decide variances to the flood plain regulations. Certain variations of this nature require the concurrence of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.
- Upon petition by a property owner, the board can permit exceptions to the terms of the Story County Land Development Regulations (conditional use permits). Consideration of exceptions are only those which are specifically listed in the Story County Land Development Regulations.
Board of Adjustment Membership (five year terms):
|Name|| Term Expires|
|Steve McGill, Chair||12/31/2022|
|Matthew Neubauer, Vice Chair||12/31/2021|
- Application for Appointment (PDF)
- Board of Adjustment Responsibilities (PDF)
- Board of Adjustment Order of Hearing (PDF)
- Board of Adjustment Rules of Procedure (PDF)
2019 Meeting Schedule (PDF); 4:00 PM Call to Order
Administration Building - 2nd Floor Public Meeting Room
900 Sixth St., Nevada, IA 50201
Agendas, Minutes & Audio Transcripts
|Board of Adjustment Agendas||Most Recent Agenda||View All Agendas|
|Board of Adjustment Minutes||Most Recent Minutes||View All Minutes|
|Board of Adjustment Audio||Most Recent Audio||View All Audio|